5 Easy Steps to Jumpstart your Kitchen Remodel
5 EASY STEPS TO JUMPSTART YOUR KITCHEN REMODEL!
The thought of remodeling your kitchen can be overwhelming to many of us. There are so many decisions to make, so much money to spend and lots of options to prioritize. What do I want the flooring to be, do I want stained or painted cabinets, what wall paint color do I like best, should I get granite or quartz countertops? And the list goes on and on and on. . . . .
Here are a few suggestions to make the process a little easier!
1. Attend a Kitchen Seminar presented by The Arizona Tile Company and Distinctive Designs for Kitchens and Baths. The seminars are 4 hours long, free to attend and cover a large variety topics to inspire and educate you! Upcoming dates are:
Call The Arizona Tile Company at 793-6922 to register for this free kitchen remodeling seminar.
2. Start collecting photos of kitchens, cabinets, countertops, plumbing fixtures, lighting, backsplashes and flooring you like. Check out websites like Houzz and Pinterest. After doing this for a while, a common theme usually emerges, and you’ll know exactly what it is you like! Bring these favorite photos with you when you start your selection process.
3. Develop a budget, making sure to include all of the expenses and deciding what your “max“ is. And remember that sometimes a kitchen remodel project expands to include other areas such as the laundry room, garage entry or eat-in kitchen so be sure to includes those costs as well.
4. Select a general contractor if necessary. Be sure to get references, conduct interviews, discuss time frames and decide the contractor you think you’d best like to work with on your project.
5. Start making final selections drawing on the expertise of various professionals, from certified kitchen designers to flooring and tile experts, lighting specialists and countertop gurus. This is the fun part so enjoy!
Remodeling your kitchen can be one of the best investments you make in your home so take your time and do it right!